/u/injusticehasbeendone on I hate the romance trope even in child animations

Generally when I see this, I like to think it is show runners trying to tell kids that age that all their attempts at mimicking of adult relationships is okay. Kids who are 4 will mimick having a relationship quite often even if all they watched was sesame Street which is pretty much a no romance zone despite having established couples. Mostly kids struggle declare "this person is my partner" and really just proceed to be exclusive friends but call each other by special names and go on fake dates. Its a lot like playing house really.

Certainly there are probably some kids who get romantic crushes at 4 but mostly, in my experience it is just role play.





July 29, 2021 at 11:34PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.