/u/DustiestArcher on Anybody read Loveless by Alice Oseman?

Yes. Very good. I related with the main character so much. I'm actually planning on buying it in hardcover.

But like the other person said there is some aphobic stuff in there, but it's in context and realistic.

Like internalized aphobia, difficulty of others understanding you etc.

The actual book itself has a really good understanding of what it's like to realize you are asexual and tackles a lot of the issues that aces who haven't figured themselves out yet will go through (or at least, I personally found it super freaky how closely the MCs experience matched my own).

It's also very approachable for non aces, it's the sort of book I would consider lending to a friend I haven't come out to yet, to help them understand me without needing to have a sit down talk about it (this is actually exactly why I'm buying it in hardcover).

Anyway I really really liked it. Definitely recommend you read it, even if it doesn't quite so closely match your own experience since we're all different.





May 22, 2021 at 11:07PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.