/u/boldnbrashsquid on Representation matters

Even before I knew I was aroace myself I always gravitated towards shows with barely any romance, particularly SpongeBob. I didn't find out SpongeBob was asexual until way later but I think I subconsciously picked up on it as a kid because I adored that show to the point of it being almost obsessive, at one point in time it was one of the only shows I'd watch at all. Even now it's still so comforting to know he's ace.

And ace representation is so rare in general that when I found out Parvati from the Outer Worlds was ace (without knowing it prior) I was unbelievably happy. I think that was the first time I've ever unintentionally encountered explicit ace rep in any form of media, so it was such a good feeling. Up until then, I hadn't really considered how starved I was for representation, and I played that game literally like 6 months ago.





May 22, 2021 at 11:09PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.