/u/Gnash323 on How to figure out if I'm asexual or just have no/low libido?

If you're worried about your libido being affected by the meds you take and it bothers you, you should talk with a professional and see if you could try another medication, or see if you could change your doses. There have been a bunch of people on this subreddit that have found they were not asexual after changing meds/realizing parts of their identity.

However, you can experience libido and still be asexual. Libido kinda tells you that your body wants to have sexual release, or on layman's terms, you're horny. Sexual attraction tells you that you want to have sex WITH this person or the other, or "you're horny FOR this person". Allosexuals can have low libido, but experience sexual attraction.

It's also possible to be demisexual, in which case you would experience sexual attraction towards someone you have an emotional attachment with (could be a good friend, a partner, etc)

Lastly, having previous experience on sexual or emotional relationships can put in context what you're feeling, but you can know that you're asexual/allosexual without experiencing those before.

I hope I've helped you a bit, and I can try and answer any question you want to ask. Whatever you may be, you're valid :)





April 07, 2021 at 11:56PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.