/u/[deleted] on Friends are moving on with their relationships, feeling left behind.

Hugs incoming!

I relate to you 100%. Never had a crush/attraction or anything and all my friends are getting S/O's and kinda nudging me to do the same. Since like 5 years now. And honestly I have broken down crying because of it. Like why can't I have that basic thing everyone does. How did I break myself so bad that I cant love. Its taken me a long time just to come to terms with the fact that I am who I am and even then I have my ups and downs. Not broken, just me.

In terms of what to do, I have no clue honestly, but I'll just tell you what did and didn't work for me. Its not the answer but just possible steps.

- I would suggest maybe not coming out to most of your friends till you are a bit more figured out. Made that mistake myself and it just broke me.

- If you have that one friend who is really close or who you feel would be open, you can just tell them how you feel. It went really well for me with my best friend, kinda the reason I could keep going. I'm sure they wont hate you for it either way, maybe it'll help you get closer or realize where you stand in their life.

- QPR's are a thing too which I just found out. Its like two people who do not want s/o's just each other's company. So like an s/o minus stuff you dont want ( Roomies for life I like to call it)

- If you like cats/dogs, get those for sure. Like it really does help.

- Talk to people on reddit lol. Just commenting and interacting really helped me. But again that's personal preference. I'm happy to talk and share anytime if you want to vent :D





April 24, 2021 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.