/u/XoX_K_XoX on Things that I am struggling with

Oh sweetheart, I wish I could wrap you in my arms and tell you that you are a good person. You're not cruel. You don't want to hurt people, and you don't know how to go about ending something without doing that. That, my sweet, is kindness. You're conflicted, and because you don't understand their feelings you're trying even harder to protect them.

I've been bored of my relationships before and didn't want to end it because I know that some of them had genuine feelings for me. Feelings I couldn't understand, and I didn't want to. I used intentionally sabotage relationships because I was bored of them and wanted it to end without being the one to end it. Which was actually very dickish of me. So trust me, you are better than me in that regard. You want to protect their feelings, I want to slowly kill them until they end it.

Now I also crave companionship, romantic or otherwise, and I now struggle with being emotionally distant. I want that connection but I don't want to waste my time building a relationship with someone just to realise I don't have enough interest in them to continue it.

You're are not a coward for being cautious about something you don't understand, that is completely normally. Especially, when you're being cautious to protect someone else rather than yourself

You are not a bad person, you are a person, and like every person on this planet you are flawed. But I can tell that you have compassion, and empathy in your heart. You may not understand their feelings, but you care about them. That is truly incredible.





March 25, 2021 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.