/u/SorrowAndSuffering on Movies/Books/Shows with good ace representation?

This Harry Potter character is definitely demisexual.

He has two relationships: Cho and Ginny. Cho works because of a shared suffering about Cedric's death, and he's not really in it, anyway. Ginny... well, do I have to explain this? Long term friend, sister of his best friend, basically his sister, but removed enough so it's fine.

And the whole "Hermione... you're a girl" thing from before the ball in 4? Definitely ace vibes.

I mean, imagine you're in a school with magic and you're the one with all the burden. How does a straight male in puberty not have relationships here? Answer: He's not straight - he's ace (demi, if you want to be precise).

A lot of stories have this concept they want to be the ideal relationship; this concept of waiting for the right person and being committed, and it leads to the characters not having meaningless relationships along the way - which really is just culminating in demi behaviour in the end. Unless the characters grow into their love from a young age, like Anakin Skywalker.

And since demi falls under the ace umbrella, I'd say it counts.





March 25, 2021 at 11:17PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.