How do I find out which red flags I might show when I’m dating someone new?

My ex always pointed out mistakes I made as red flags when she was angry and would say she shouldn’t be ignoring them. At the time I thought she was just saying hurtful things and she was mad at my actions.

Now I still see them as hurtful but I’m trying to take them as learning experiences. She would say this during almost any big argument. For example once we were on bad terms for a week because she was insecure and I didn’t compliment her enough and she couldn’t believe my compliments were genuine anymore after she said something.

I don’t think she’s wrong in any of these situations that we argued over. I just want to know how I can notice my own red flags before I start dating?



Submitted March 10, 2021 at 12:05AM

My ex always pointed out mistakes I made as red flags when she was angry and would say she shouldn’t be ignoring them. At the time I thought she was just saying hurtful things and she was mad at my actions.Now I still see them as hurtful but I’m trying to take them as learning experiences. She would say this during almost any big argument. For example once we were on bad terms for a week because she was insecure and I didn’t compliment her enough and she couldn’t believe my compliments were genuine anymore after she said something.I don’t think she’s wrong in any of these situations that we argued over. I just want to know how I can notice my own red flags before I start dating?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.