/u/Thornescape on i came out to my therapist but she said im just trying to “label myself” and run away from trauma

It's an unfortunate fact that if you ask a large number of people for advice, some bad advice is inevitable. It's unavoidable.

Does this mean that someone should never ask advice, which is what it sounds like Triiippiiie was suggesting? Because it's "your life"? Frankly, telling someone to never get advice is bad advice. That's a fact.

Instead, it's important to have discernment about advice. It's important to have perspective about advice. And it's absolutely critical to realize that when you get advice, the people giving advice never ever fully understand the situation.

Advice is a useful tool that needs to be used wisely. It can chop your leg off.





February 18, 2021 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.