/u/Dalashas on Am I Too Young To Know I’m Asexual?

First of all, what are you talking about, "frigid"? We are in the twenty first century, there is no set goal for how touchy or sexual you have to be. You don't have to call yourself frigid for being comfortable.

Secondly, 13 could be rather young to know much about your sexuality, most people aren't done with puberty yet, and that's when a lot of sexual or romantic tendencies can arise. However, a sexual identity isn't something that is static- if you feel asexual now, then you identify with that term right now. If in a few years your biochemistry changes, then you will identify with another term. In the end, they are words used to describe something more fluid and complicated than any one word.

As for the connection between your autism and your sexuality, there is a lot of reading on the topic. I'm no expert at all on this, but I can understand that not being comfortable with touch could be misconstrued with not knowing if you feel sexual/romantic/physical attractions. I think if you set the question aside and live a few more years the answer will probably come with experience- it is a question that needs data to answer, and a thirteen year old likely doesn't have enough data yet.

But at the same time, just because you are thirteen or autistic doesn't mean you aren't asexual also- I just think you'll probably know more surely in a few years than you will right now.





December 10, 2020 at 11:54PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.