/u/Svefnugr_Fugl on I have trouble believing that other people can actually genuinely be ace

I see where you are coming I think it is religion and media that make people question others and their own Asexuality. It makes us struggle to imagine others views and even our own, like when I hear young teens post that they are virgin and sex repulsed, I get that thought most allos tells you "how do you know if you never tried it?" Even though I know thats not the case but media always forces that don't knock it if you haven't tried it motto.

Catholic beliefs always have that negative/sin outlook that you should only have sex once married, yet it can sometimes get cultish in forcing marriage on individuals which would give people reason for not wanting or enjoying sex, but then from looking on AVEN not all of us are religious or the same so not all would have that view drummed into us. I was raised Catholic but went to Satanism because I thought fuck it, can't avoid sins rather than giving me fear like others. I eventually got into norse paganism and it can feel very sex positive (most of the gods are gods of sex/sexuality) I have had people criticise me for not wanting kids because its big on ancestry and continued bloodline but its not changing my mind on things.

Its like the amount of posts of "am I broken?" posts I always need to comment and remind them its not the case its these "norms" that make people question themselves.





November 27, 2020 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.