/u/plupples-gonna-plup on I have trouble believing that other people can actually genuinely be ace

I totally understand feeling conflicted and I can relate. One thing that helped me was just trying on some different identities and seeing how I felt. Walk around for a week thinking, “I think I’m asexual,” or whatever else fits. Does that label feel comfortable? Helpful? Inaccurate? You don’t have to rush. You have the rest of your life to figure it out.

Another thing that can help: remembering that asexuality and aromanticism can be a spectrum. Lots of people are gray ace or demi. There is freedom to just say, “I’m somewhere on the asexuality spectrum,” and then if down the line you change your mind, that’s fine.

If you know you aren’t heterosexual, cis, allo, etc, you’re allowed to label yourself within queerness. You get to define yourself.





November 27, 2020 at 11:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.