Advice on following up after meeting girl at a small gathering

I (27M), was at a small (safe and socially distanced lol) gathering between a few friends celebrating my buddys engagement.

There was a girl I met. 25 ish. She boulders with my friend and his fiance.

He showed up a little late so we didn't talk for more than about 10 to 15 minutes, but it seemed like she may have been single as she came alone.

didn't get much of a chance to talk it didn't really seem proper to ask her for her number that quickly and there wasn't really a good chance because we were in the room with others and socially distanced so being subtle wasnt an option.

Next day I texted my friend and asked if she was single and he confirmed that she is. He didn't necessarily think it was a bad fit but noted he isn't great at knowing who would work lol.

They are getting married on January 2nd and the same small group of people will be the only people in attendance, (again socially distanced.)

My question is should I wait until the wedding comes around for the next chance to talk to her and get to know her more.

We have a decent number of mutual friends on Facebook so the other option I suppose would be to add her as a friend on social media and try to talk in the interim but I'm not loving that idea, since its very impersonal. and since we didn't exactly talk a lot it seems like it would be...too forward and weird?

Dating is super hard with covid. On the surface we seem to have a lot in common so I'd love to get to know her more or at least give it a shot.

Current plan is to wait until January 2nd to do so. Unless somebody else has a better idea for advice on this one.

There's obviously the possibility that if I'm not feeling great or exposed around that time I will not be going to the wedding so it's not like seeing her there is a guarantee either.

Thanks for any advice.



Submitted November 26, 2020 at 12:07AM

I (27M), was at a small (safe and socially distanced lol) gathering between a few friends celebrating my buddys engagement.There was a girl I met. 25 ish. She boulders with my friend and his fiance.He showed up a little late so we didn't talk for more than about 10 to 15 minutes, but it seemed like she may have been single as she came alone.didn't get much of a chance to talk it didn't really seem proper to ask her for her number that quickly and there wasn't really a good chance because we were in the room with others and socially distanced so being subtle wasnt an option.Next day I texted my friend and asked if she was single and he confirmed that she is. He didn't necessarily think it was a bad fit but noted he isn't great at knowing who would work lol.They are getting married on January 2nd and the same small group of people will be the only people in attendance, (again socially distanced.)My question is should I wait until the wedding comes around for the next chance to talk to her and get to know her more.We have a decent number of mutual friends on Facebook so the other option I suppose would be to add her as a friend on social media and try to talk in the interim but I'm not loving that idea, since its very impersonal. and since we didn't exactly talk a lot it seems like it would be...too forward and weird?Dating is super hard with covid. On the surface we seem to have a lot in common so I'd love to get to know her more or at least give it a shot.Current plan is to wait until January 2nd to do so. Unless somebody else has a better idea for advice on this one.There's obviously the possibility that if I'm not feeling great or exposed around that time I will not be going to the wedding so it's not like seeing her there is a guarantee either.Thanks for any advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.