Waiting for the other shoe - He's so good to me it's scaring me?

Hi! I started seeing someone and I feel really scared.

He (30M) and I (32F) started talking via OLD a few weeks back. He asked me to a dinner date and we had an absolutely lovely time. It was so romantic and wow, he is amazing. He told me that he has been going through a divorce for almost two years but it is finalized in a few weeks.

We continued to see one another and had amazing dates over the weeks. He always wants to see me, asks a lot of questions, seems invested, etc He is just incredible. Motivated, always very present in our conversations, caring, and very reliable.

I'm not sure if it's just because I have been really busy with work and hobbies so he thinks I'm dating around and someone will scoop me up so he's bringing his A game or what...

I haven't dated someone like this in a long time and I don't really know how to feel okay with "normal". I just have these jaded thoughts that he is going to end up being sketchy like so many men I have met on dating apps.

Any advice for how to guard your heart but also work towards bonding? Obviously, I'm not getting physical with him until he is divorced and we are in a monogamous relationship. Just wonder if I'm getting myself into a bad situation just because he is so amazing to me?



Submitted October 12, 2020 at 12:00AM

Hi! I started seeing someone and I feel really scared.He (30M) and I (32F) started talking via OLD a few weeks back. He asked me to a dinner date and we had an absolutely lovely time. It was so romantic and wow, he is amazing. He told me that he has been going through a divorce for almost two years but it is finalized in a few weeks.We continued to see one another and had amazing dates over the weeks. He always wants to see me, asks a lot of questions, seems invested, etc He is just incredible. Motivated, always very present in our conversations, caring, and very reliable.I'm not sure if it's just because I have been really busy with work and hobbies so he thinks I'm dating around and someone will scoop me up so he's bringing his A game or what...I haven't dated someone like this in a long time and I don't really know how to feel okay with "normal". I just have these jaded thoughts that he is going to end up being sketchy like so many men I have met on dating apps.Any advice for how to guard your heart but also work towards bonding? Obviously, I'm not getting physical with him until he is divorced and we are in a monogamous relationship. Just wonder if I'm getting myself into a bad situation just because he is so amazing to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.