He yelled at me. I’m upset. But I can’t tell if I’m overreacting.

My bf yelled at me last night. I had a few friends over (safely! in my backyard!) and when they left, I was just so giddy from socializing, I think, that I turned on some silly music and sang along: Elton John, billy Joel, etc. honestly, it must have been pretty annoying.

But then out of nowhere, my bf starts yelling at me about how he’s been so stressed out about work lately and he just “wants to be left the fuck alone.”

He apologized this morning, and he’s texted me a couple times since, but I’m still pretty angry, and hurt. I know I must have been deeply annoying, but I don’t think I deserved to be yelled at...!

I just told him I need some space. I don’t know what to think about it all and feel like I need some time apart to figure it out.

Am I overreacting? It is such a stressful time for everyone...



Submitted October 11, 2020 at 11:48PM

My bf yelled at me last night. I had a few friends over (safely! in my backyard!) and when they left, I was just so giddy from socializing, I think, that I turned on some silly music and sang along: Elton John, billy Joel, etc. honestly, it must have been pretty annoying.But then out of nowhere, my bf starts yelling at me about how he’s been so stressed out about work lately and he just “wants to be left the fuck alone.”He apologized this morning, and he’s texted me a couple times since, but I’m still pretty angry, and hurt. I know I must have been deeply annoying, but I don’t think I deserved to be yelled at...!I just told him I need some space. I don’t know what to think about it all and feel like I need some time apart to figure it out.Am I overreacting? It is such a stressful time for everyone...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.