My Sh*tty Experience with MeetMe (Dating App)

I hate this app so much 😂 first of all, there’s no location filters so I could get messages from anyone in Ohio (my state) to someone in Zimbabwe. It’s annoying and useless because I’m not going to fall in love with some Nigerian prince that I find off of MeetMe. I’m not looking for a #90DayFiance experience. 🤦

The guys that I am remotely interested in are much worse than the guys on tinder/bumble/etc. Every guy that has been interested in me has started with “want to hang out/cuddle?” and I say, “yes”, because I like those things. And then, they are like, “okay, can we get a room? Can you get pregnant?”

Where. In. That. Original. Question. Was. Sex. Mentioned??

Some guy and I were messaging yesterday morning. He asked if I wanted to hang out and where we should go and I thought of a pumpkin patch. Then he says “tbh I’ve always wanted to get head there” and then I told him that he went and ruined it talking about sex. He then ghosted/avoided me the rest of the day and finally, at the end of the day yesterday (I already knew the answer) I messaged him saying: “so, I assume you don’t want to hang out?” and he said “yeah” and I didn’t waste any time telling him “bye bish” and then blocking him through MeetMe.

That’s only ONE instant yesterday.

The other instant was way worse.

To preface this person, I will share the message he sent me a couple days before yesterday:

“Hey gorgeous! I drink and smoke weed, I’m tatted from head to toe with multiple felonies and I’ll probably treat you like sh*t! How are you?”

What. The. Actual. F*ck?

I didn’t block him, but I deleted the message from my inbox. I didn’t expect another message yesterday.

I was very wary about answering, but I did. I thought the original message was kinda funny but I did give him a hard time about saying I was interesting but the only thing he could come up with was “cute”. I then asked again and he said “very cute”.

(He is also the one who wanted to “cuddle” and then proceeded to ask me if he could get a room/and if I could get pregnant 🙄)

I was so pissed at this point at the people on this app that I was such a smart ass to him and I felt bad about it, but he was saying such stupid things (he wasn’t unintelligent, but he kept telling me that he could “make me horny” while I had the dryness of the Sahara Desert yesterday) and it annoyed me so it just fueled my frustration and stubbornness more. He said he wanted to do certain sexual acts and I wrote “...with a condom” 2-3 times until he FINALLY(🙄🙃) said “fine, I’ll wear a condom” (😍😍😍 what a PRINCE! *sarcasm)

Also, we HAVE NOT done anything or met at all. We never did but he was assuming that when/if we did get together I’m going to want to rip my clothes off and just let him do whatever he wants to me.

The rest of the messages yesterday weren’t that interesting, I did not go to bed until 2 AM ish cause the new season of The Blacklist came out on Netflix lol.

He messaged me this morning and asked me about my plans for the day and I told him that I was “too busy for any d*ck appointments” (😂) and he thought that was funny. We continued talking and then we shared our last exchange of text messages (I deleted them, but I am pretty sure I remember them):

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS SEXUAL ASSAULT

Him: “So, do you like when guys are forceful?” Me: “Like rape-y?” Him: “Yeah” Me: “Given that I was raped twice, no.” Him: “By who?”

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Me: “Why would you ask that?” Him: “I’m just curious.”

I don’t remember if I said anything after that before he texted me again...

Him: “Sorry.”

Okay, an apology. But then...

Him: “Do you still want me to finger you?”

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I was going to say a handful of things. I wanted to say “by anyone BUT you” but I thought not saying anything for an amount of time (I am one to respond to messages RIGHT AWAY) and then just said, “read the room.” I don’t know if he got the point, but I immediately blocked him on MeetMe and in my actual phone contacts.

I was not going to put up with that. I’m done excusing guy’s behavior because they are “cute” or whatever. Their behavior isn’t cute, it’s downright disgusting.

I’m not condemning all guys/men, just the ones that act like the two asses I dealt with this weekend.

Well. I think I’m gonna just take a break from the app tonight. Finish my laundry and watch The Blacklist again.

Have a good week folks!

  • Hannah


Submitted October 12, 2020 at 01:08AM

I hate this app so much 😂 first of all, there’s no location filters so I could get messages from anyone in Ohio (my state) to someone in Zimbabwe. It’s annoying and useless because I’m not going to fall in love with some Nigerian prince that I find off of MeetMe. I’m not looking for a #90DayFiance experience. 🤦The guys that I am remotely interested in are much worse than the guys on tinder/bumble/etc. Every guy that has been interested in me has started with “want to hang out/cuddle?” and I say, “yes”, because I like those things. And then, they are like, “okay, can we get a room? Can you get pregnant?”Where. In. That. Original. Question. Was. Sex. Mentioned??Some guy and I were messaging yesterday morning. He asked if I wanted to hang out and where we should go and I thought of a pumpkin patch. Then he says “tbh I’ve always wanted to get head there” and then I told him that he went and ruined it talking about sex. He then ghosted/avoided me the rest of the day and finally, at the end of the day yesterday (I already knew the answer) I messaged him saying: “so, I assume you don’t want to hang out?” and he said “yeah” and I didn’t waste any time telling him “bye bish” and then blocking him through MeetMe.That’s only ONE instant yesterday.The other instant was way worse.To preface this person, I will share the message he sent me a couple days before yesterday:“Hey gorgeous! I drink and smoke weed, I’m tatted from head to toe with multiple felonies and I’ll probably treat you like sh*t! How are you?”What. The. Actual. F*ck?I didn’t block him, but I deleted the message from my inbox. I didn’t expect another message yesterday.I was very wary about answering, but I did. I thought the original message was kinda funny but I did give him a hard time about saying I was interesting but the only thing he could come up with was “cute”. I then asked again and he said “very cute”.(He is also the one who wanted to “cuddle” and then proceeded to ask me if he could get a room/and if I could get pregnant 🙄)I was so pissed at this point at the people on this app that I was such a smart ass to him and I felt bad about it, but he was saying such stupid things (he wasn’t unintelligent, but he kept telling me that he could “make me horny” while I had the dryness of the Sahara Desert yesterday) and it annoyed me so it just fueled my frustration and stubbornness more. He said he wanted to do certain sexual acts and I wrote “...with a condom” 2-3 times until he FINALLY(🙄🙃) said “fine, I’ll wear a condom” (😍😍😍 what a PRINCE! *sarcasm)Also, we HAVE NOT done anything or met at all. We never did but he was assuming that when/if we did get together I’m going to want to rip my clothes off and just let him do whatever he wants to me.The rest of the messages yesterday weren’t that interesting, I did not go to bed until 2 AM ish cause the new season of The Blacklist came out on Netflix lol.He messaged me this morning and asked me about my plans for the day and I told him that I was “too busy for any d*ck appointments” (😂) and he thought that was funny. We continued talking and then we shared our last exchange of text messages (I deleted them, but I am pretty sure I remember them):TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS SEXUAL ASSAULTHim: “So, do you like when guys are forceful?” Me: “Like rape-y?” Him: “Yeah” Me: “Given that I was raped twice, no.” Him: “By who?”😡😡😡😡😡😡😡Me: “Why would you ask that?” Him: “I’m just curious.”I don’t remember if I said anything after that before he texted me again...Him: “Sorry.”Okay, an apology. But then...Him: “Do you still want me to finger you?”🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬I was going to say a handful of things. I wanted to say “by anyone BUT you” but I thought not saying anything for an amount of time (I am one to respond to messages RIGHT AWAY) and then just said, “read the room.” I don’t know if he got the point, but I immediately blocked him on MeetMe and in my actual phone contacts.I was not going to put up with that. I’m done excusing guy’s behavior because they are “cute” or whatever. Their behavior isn’t cute, it’s downright disgusting.I’m not condemning all guys/men, just the ones that act like the two asses I dealt with this weekend.Well. I think I’m gonna just take a break from the app tonight. Finish my laundry and watch The Blacklist again.Have a good week folks!Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.