/u/injusticehasbeendone on OK, THIS IS THE WORST I have seen against my orientation personaly on reddit (except the exclutionist sub) and he is on this sub , he is obviously not ace. I am... MODs, I think I need your help here (Thanks ahead!)

I hate to say it... but going to r/exclusionist as an ace person is like liberal going to r/conservative. Of course there are a bunch of wrong people there. You went looking for trouble and you found it. Some trouble more hateful than others.

Just ignore it for now and focus on treating people kindly. Your heart doesn't need the stress and the users on that subreddit are a minority of the LGBT community as far as I can tell. Avoid it like black people avoided r/TheDonald

You aren't going to change their minds. Call out acephobia in main stream LGBT spaces. If you want sure report subreddits you find hateful. But don't give them your time. Spend your time being happy and supportive of your fellow LGBTQA community members in the way we as a community want to be kind and welcoming to all.

There isn't enough time in the world to waste on gatekeepers playing the oppression olympics.





September 15, 2020 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.