/u/ACheca7 on I know it can be cathartic but...

When we face the former, why don't we focus on educating people, taking the time to explain what asexuality is in a calm, respectful manner? When faced with the latter, why don't we simply ignore it, cutting off their much desired attention and forcing them to find a new hobby?

Because people sometimes like to see their complaints validated, they want to say "I don't like this statement about asexuality" and read others feeling the same. Educating and ignoring, while they are great and productive, don't help with that feeling of isolation/invalidation that some have while reading aphobe comments. You can call those posts "a little victim echo chamber" (which I think it's a bit uncalled for) but it's important to know that these posts appear to answer a feeling of invalidation, so if we really want to explore alternatives or solutions, we have to keep that in mind.





September 15, 2020 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.