I (33F) feel like I've failed myself, husband (40M) and our marriage.

My husband and I are wonderful together but this last year we have been struck by grief. We have had 6 deaths in 5 months and the last three have been close relatives on both sides. (Grandfather, aunty and cousin)

We have been good at supporting each other but I have been feeling so overwhelmed with everything over the last week. We have had two funerals within a week of each other.

He has a son from a previous marriage who is polite but ungrateful and dismissive of what is happening.

Anyway, Saturday I went to see a girlfriend and we were catching up and I just vented about how awful my MIL is. How she hasn't asked any questions or offered support whilst I lost my aunty but I did so much when it was my husbands grandfather who passed away. I of course did this for him but I feel that my grief is not important to his side as no-one has asked me how I am feeling, offered help or supported in any way.

I never speak about our marriage or want to ill speak of my husbands family but I am just sick and tired of her and just tired in general. Its been really heavy trying to navigate all through this and also I am facing redundancy which is adding another layer.

I know not to talk about our marriage outside of it and feel like I've failed in all aspects. I feel like I've really let him, I and our marriage down.

My husband and I are great and I adore everything about him. I may be overthinking but I just need some reddit advice.



Submitted September 21, 2020 at 11:50PM

My husband and I are wonderful together but this last year we have been struck by grief. We have had 6 deaths in 5 months and the last three have been close relatives on both sides. (Grandfather, aunty and cousin)We have been good at supporting each other but I have been feeling so overwhelmed with everything over the last week. We have had two funerals within a week of each other.He has a son from a previous marriage who is polite but ungrateful and dismissive of what is happening.Anyway, Saturday I went to see a girlfriend and we were catching up and I just vented about how awful my MIL is. How she hasn't asked any questions or offered support whilst I lost my aunty but I did so much when it was my husbands grandfather who passed away. I of course did this for him but I feel that my grief is not important to his side as no-one has asked me how I am feeling, offered help or supported in any way.I never speak about our marriage or want to ill speak of my husbands family but I am just sick and tired of her and just tired in general. Its been really heavy trying to navigate all through this and also I am facing redundancy which is adding another layer.I know not to talk about our marriage outside of it and feel like I've failed in all aspects. I feel like I've really let him, I and our marriage down.My husband and I are great and I adore everything about him. I may be overthinking but I just need some reddit advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.