/u/Maristine on Would you describe yourself as queer?

I prefer to call myself a sexual minority. I’m also hetero and cis. I’m not the type of person who would ever be called queer as a slur, so I don’t feel like I have the right to reclaim the term. Kind of like how Native or Asian people still can’t say the N word even though they are minorities in Europe and North America, because the N word was never used against them.

That’s my opinion anyway. But if someone else with the same labels as me feel comfortable using queer to describe themselves, I’m not going to complain about it. That’s just how I feel about myself.





August 31, 2020 at 11:37PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.