/u/chickenopteryx on Asexuality in film

Personal opinion: if its truly relevant to the plot in a way that can't be accomplished by just implying or telling the audience it happened, sure fine just please keep it short. 'Heat of the moment passion' is almost always just.. so dumb. Just feels like a horny director wanted to get themselves some personal material while they had certain actors available to em.

Pacific rim is no joke my favorite movie because the relationship is just ambiguous enough that I can see the 2 protags as really close friends but sexual people can see them as romantic. The drift is a personal experience and drift compatible people range from brothers, a parent and their kid, a married couple, etc, and they don't start in on some obligatory make out session at the end, they're just relieved the other ones alive! A+ shit right there! Gimme more of that!

Fury road is another example of recent-ish movies that i really enjoyed cause yeah there's your token side romance but it was more about just people treating each other like people. Also fast cars! Big explosions! Flamethrower guitar on the hood of a car in a god damn sand storm!!





August 14, 2020 at 11:37PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.