/u/Sabatorius on Why so many peoples in this community are rude with A peoples that have sex ?

I believe people here in this community (/r/asexuality) are some of the most accepting and open people ever. But, anyone who is telling you those things irl does so for the same reason all peoples shit on another's way of life. Ignorance. Hardly anyone understands what asexuality is all about. They have their notions of what things are and how things should be and react with hostility to things that challenge their preconceived notions. Sadly, the lgbt community at large is not immune to this, though it would be hoped that they'd be the first to back us up, having been victims of similar experiences throughout history themselves. But, places like this, and asexuality.org are working to change that. In the mean time, I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap. All you can do is try and educate people.





July 16, 2020 at 11:23PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.