He thought I gave him COVID

Just wanted to share with someone...

I met a guy on Tinder a few weeks ago. We started texting immediately and I totally felt a connection. Not my usual type but I thought I would like him. We discussed our risk factors and given that both of us had been self-isolating and tested negative recently we would meet for dinner at an outdoor patio.

He ends up taking me to a really expensive steakhouse and orders a seafood tower on top of the steak he ordered. I picked the cheapest thing on the menu.

Immediately upon meeting I realize he was not my type at all. He was completely disinterested in my job or half of my stories and I had a hard time trying to find common ground to talk about anything. Plus he told me about his business he owns, which seemed really shady and since I work in HR, about half of his tactics are illegal.

He paid for dinner when I was in the bathroom (I would have insisted we go half, especially knowing how it was going), and then he walked me to my car.

I was awkward and let him kiss me for a bit before saying good night... maybe because I felt so guilty for him paying for what was obviously like a $300+ meal.

I immediately knew when I got home I had no interest in this guy. The next day he texted me hey and I...very immaturely just didn't reply and unmatched him on Tinder. I know I should have been mature and given him a text, but honestly kind of thought he felt the lack of chemistry too?

I kind of forgot about it and moved on, and then this morning I got a text from him where he said he wasn't sure why I ghosted him but that he was very concerned he had gotten COVID from me given that I did not contact him later. That was the only reason he could think that I ghosted him. He did not have symptoms, but he got tested anyway and here is his test results PDF-- where he was negative.

I told him that I was sorry but that I just did not feel we were compatible. And that I'm glad his assumption that I gave him COVID did not come to be true.

Anyway, interesting Wednesday morning text.



Submitted July 16, 2020 at 11:35PM

Just wanted to share with someone...I met a guy on Tinder a few weeks ago. We started texting immediately and I totally felt a connection. Not my usual type but I thought I would like him. We discussed our risk factors and given that both of us had been self-isolating and tested negative recently we would meet for dinner at an outdoor patio.He ends up taking me to a really expensive steakhouse and orders a seafood tower on top of the steak he ordered. I picked the cheapest thing on the menu.Immediately upon meeting I realize he was not my type at all. He was completely disinterested in my job or half of my stories and I had a hard time trying to find common ground to talk about anything. Plus he told me about his business he owns, which seemed really shady and since I work in HR, about half of his tactics are illegal.He paid for dinner when I was in the bathroom (I would have insisted we go half, especially knowing how it was going), and then he walked me to my car.I was awkward and let him kiss me for a bit before saying good night... maybe because I felt so guilty for him paying for what was obviously like a $300+ meal.I immediately knew when I got home I had no interest in this guy. The next day he texted me hey and I...very immaturely just didn't reply and unmatched him on Tinder. I know I should have been mature and given him a text, but honestly kind of thought he felt the lack of chemistry too?I kind of forgot about it and moved on, and then this morning I got a text from him where he said he wasn't sure why I ghosted him but that he was very concerned he had gotten COVID from me given that I did not contact him later. That was the only reason he could think that I ghosted him. He did not have symptoms, but he got tested anyway and here is his test results PDF-- where he was negative.I told him that I was sorry but that I just did not feel we were compatible. And that I'm glad his assumption that I gave him COVID did not come to be true.Anyway, interesting Wednesday morning text.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.