Help! I Messed Up the Traditional Anniversary Year Gift!

I am very interested to hear your advice here. I really cocked it up this year.

Ever since my wife Robin and I got married, each year for our anniversary I try and get the traditional gift of a Robin for her.

To explain:

  • 1st anniversary is paper, so I made her an oragami Robin.
  • 2nd is cotton so I got her a plush stuffed Robin.
  • 3rd is leather, so I had a friend that does leathercraft create this.
  • 4th is silk so I had my mother silk-ribbon embroider this.

This year is our fifth, and for GOD ONLY KNOWS what reason, I had it in my head all year that this was our crystal anniversary. So, being that we are Scotch-Irish I figured it would be super cool to get her the Waterford Crystal Robin. Which I did, I found two online from different places and ordered them. Beautiful set.

Except, this is not our crystal anniversary year. It's friggin wood.

I have enough time before the anniversary and ordered some nice hand carved wooden Robins from the Amazons there but ... shit.

Crystal is not until our 15th anniversary. Do I hang on to them for 10 years?

I am really at a loss for what to do here. Feel free to have some fun with your responses, I deserve whatever I get.

Thanks in advance.



Submitted July 16, 2020 at 11:44PM

I am very interested to hear your advice here. I really cocked it up this year.Ever since my wife Robin and I got married, each year for our anniversary I try and get the traditional gift of a Robin for her.To explain:1st anniversary is paper, so I made her an oragami Robin.2nd is cotton so I got her a plush stuffed Robin.3rd is leather, so I had a friend that does leathercraft create this.4th is silk so I had my mother silk-ribbon embroider this.This year is our fifth, and for GOD ONLY KNOWS what reason, I had it in my head all year that this was our crystal anniversary. So, being that we are Scotch-Irish I figured it would be super cool to get her the Waterford Crystal Robin. Which I did, I found two online from different places and ordered them. Beautiful set.Except, this is not our crystal anniversary year. It's friggin wood.I have enough time before the anniversary and ordered some nice hand carved wooden Robins from the Amazons there but ... shit.Crystal is not until our 15th anniversary. Do I hang on to them for 10 years?I am really at a loss for what to do here. Feel free to have some fun with your responses, I deserve whatever I get.Thanks in advance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.