/u/memyslfnchester on Does anyone else intentionally avoid buying things that make them look attractive? I try to buy things with purpose, and whenever I feel like something could make me seem attractive, or make someone reach out sexually, I get rid of it or I avoid owning it.

YES! I never really understood why, until I began questioning my ace-ness. I don’t think I do it intentionally or consciously but I do find that as soon as someone (mostly men) finds me appealing in a sexual way I won’t wear that piece of clothing again. It’s like I automatically associate that piece of clothing to the uncomfortable feeling I had at the time.

I am very well endowed in the chest and butt areas, so I’m extremely conscious of it. My clothes consist mostly of hoodies and tshirts, and for work large dressy sweaters/cardigans. No skirts, dresses, tight clothing, or anything low-cut.

I do like to feel pretty or beautiful but not sexy or thought of in a sexual way. Which I think for some people those things go hand in hand.

It also makes me super uncomfortable when I decide to look nice and people assume I’m doing to seem/look/be sexy. As if I’m doing it to get their attention or the attention of a man, instead of me just wanting to look nice for myself.

It just tears me down because that’s not my intention at all and I don’t want to portray that. In turn I just feel uncomfortable all the time because of other people’s misconceptions.





July 08, 2020 at 11:33PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.