/u/Chiss_Navigator on I'm ace, but I am having trouble accepting it.

Amatonormativity is definitely frustrating, but I guess I've also always had a very clear idea of what I like and what I don't like along with what I'm interested in and what I'm not interested in. So no matter how much people rave about something, I still exist Sure my range of emotions might not hit all the same colors as most people, but that doesn't mean I can't or don't want to connect with people. I'm 26 now and what has been helpful to me in recent years is thinking about what actually does matter to me. I look at my existing relationships and ask myself if I'm happy with them or not. I've actually improved my friendships a lot by taking steps to better express myself. Will everyone... or even anyone understand my internal hierarchy of feelings? Since they differ so much from society at large, most likely not. But at least I know myself.





June 16, 2020 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.