For folks using OLD (online dating) - how many of you have the mentality of “let’s see what else is out there.”

Have been curious about this for awhile. Often with online dating, one of the reasons it’s deemed to be so hard to find someone is because people have this, “next best thing” mentality, where someone better could be a swipe away, making it harder for them to settle on someone or be very nit-picky on “flaws” or small issues they might not like (but are actually workable.)

I’ve never really had this mentality. If I like someone, I want to see where it goes. I’m not looking for perfection, just looking for connection, compatibility, and chemistry. If I find these things, ideally my search would stop, but I’ve heard from plenty others that there is still a desire to keep looking.

I was wondering in this community, where do you all fall? Is it easy to get into the “there could be someone better for me out there” or are you more “I like this person... let’s see what happens.”



Submitted June 15, 2020 at 11:58PM

Have been curious about this for awhile. Often with online dating, one of the reasons it’s deemed to be so hard to find someone is because people have this, “next best thing” mentality, where someone better could be a swipe away, making it harder for them to settle on someone or be very nit-picky on “flaws” or small issues they might not like (but are actually workable.)I’ve never really had this mentality. If I like someone, I want to see where it goes. I’m not looking for perfection, just looking for connection, compatibility, and chemistry. If I find these things, ideally my search would stop, but I’ve heard from plenty others that there is still a desire to keep looking.I was wondering in this community, where do you all fall? Is it easy to get into the “there could be someone better for me out there” or are you more “I like this person... let’s see what happens.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.