WFH means I (F29) have two full time jobs--and we don't even have kids (he M 39)

TL:DR I feel like I'm expected to do so much more than my partner between home and work and he doesn't seem to understand why I'm stressed.

I (F29) have been with my partner (M39) for two years.

We are both lucky enough to WFH full time during Covid.

I usually do the cooking because I enjoy it and find it relaxing. Today I didn't have time and just snacked between meetings. My partner didn't eat. I had an after hours call with my boss and while I was on the call I had to coach him through boiling pasta and heating up sauce for spaghetti-- while working through client issues (at a tech company) with my boss on the line.

He then huffed around while because I wasn't ready to watch TV and relax because I needed to pack up for the day and walk the (my) dog.

I'm emotionally exhausted from having to basically coach my nearly 40 year old partner through basic life skills while doing the same amount of paid work (if not more because we start at 8a and he was done at 4p-i had to work until 7- a common occurence). I cannot fathom how difficult it would be to balance all of this if we had kids. And I'm second guessing our entire relationship.

If this were the first time I felt overwhelmed by trying to balance my home "duties" and work because it's seemingly expected of me, I wouldn't be complaining.

Woman. Out.

I'm ready to take the dog and going camping for a few days. It's literally less work to go sleep in the wilderness, survive, and try to do my job and feed myself than it would be to try to teach a grown man how to cook pasta and do my job.

FirstWorldProblems #EomotionalInequity #SendHelp



Submitted May 22, 2020 at 12:17AM

TL:DR I feel like I'm expected to do so much more than my partner between home and work and he doesn't seem to understand why I'm stressed.I (F29) have been with my partner (M39) for two years.We are both lucky enough to WFH full time during Covid.I usually do the cooking because I enjoy it and find it relaxing. Today I didn't have time and just snacked between meetings. My partner didn't eat. I had an after hours call with my boss and while I was on the call I had to coach him through boiling pasta and heating up sauce for spaghetti-- while working through client issues (at a tech company) with my boss on the line.He then huffed around while because I wasn't ready to watch TV and relax because I needed to pack up for the day and walk the (my) dog.I'm emotionally exhausted from having to basically coach my nearly 40 year old partner through basic life skills while doing the same amount of paid work (if not more because we start at 8a and he was done at 4p-i had to work until 7- a common occurence). I cannot fathom how difficult it would be to balance all of this if we had kids. And I'm second guessing our entire relationship.If this were the first time I felt overwhelmed by trying to balance my home "duties" and work because it's seemingly expected of me, I wouldn't be complaining.Woman. Out.I'm ready to take the dog and going camping for a few days. It's literally less work to go sleep in the wilderness, survive, and try to do my job and feed myself than it would be to try to teach a grown man how to cook pasta and do my job.FirstWorldProblems #EomotionalInequity #SendHelp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.