Am I (28/M) really THAT unattractive?

I've been back in the dating scene for the past 6 weeks and have grown increasingly frustrated with my lack of potential suitors and the minimal amount of effort displayed.

I am 28/M, have a career, have a savings, have traveled the world, almost have my M.Ed., workout, give a lot of effort, and can carry a good conversation.

My picture is at this link: https://imgur.com/a/fsNALN3

I can show more pictures if someone wants to see. It's just my face in that picture.

Sure, I am not a Calvin Klein model or a millionaire, but I am not exactly looking for a model in return. I'd like someone with a similar amount of education, someone who's fit, and someone who generally has a good personality, but, most importantly of all, I want someone who is a frequent and good communicator, i.e., someone who puts in effort to try to make something work.

However, I've noticed of the 10 or so women I've added phone numbers with in the past 6 weeks seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to just not reply to a message for days or never plan to setup a phone conversation or line up future dates. Based on my previous experience, if someone doesn't bother to get back to you before the end of the day, it just means they're not that interested in you. And, honestly, if it's someone I am really interested in, I won't wait any longer than a couple hours to message them back. I don't want to hear the "Ohh, well, they just might be busy." excuse. That's bullshit. Sorry.

At the same time, I am now maybe getting 1 match out of 100 right swipes every day, which has got me thinking, more and more, am I really THAT bad? Am I ugly? Has my ego been so big my entire life that I never realized that I am not really THAT good? It's incredibly depressing to the point I don't even want to do anything some days.

Am I really THAT unattractive?



Submitted May 21, 2020 at 11:36PM

I've been back in the dating scene for the past 6 weeks and have grown increasingly frustrated with my lack of potential suitors and the minimal amount of effort displayed.I am 28/M, have a career, have a savings, have traveled the world, almost have my M.Ed., workout, give a lot of effort, and can carry a good conversation.My picture is at this link: https://ift.tt/2znKyt8 can show more pictures if someone wants to see. It's just my face in that picture.Sure, I am not a Calvin Klein model or a millionaire, but I am not exactly looking for a model in return. I'd like someone with a similar amount of education, someone who's fit, and someone who generally has a good personality, but, most importantly of all, I want someone who is a frequent and good communicator, i.e., someone who puts in effort to try to make something work.However, I've noticed of the 10 or so women I've added phone numbers with in the past 6 weeks seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to just not reply to a message for days or never plan to setup a phone conversation or line up future dates. Based on my previous experience, if someone doesn't bother to get back to you before the end of the day, it just means they're not that interested in you. And, honestly, if it's someone I am really interested in, I won't wait any longer than a couple hours to message them back. I don't want to hear the "Ohh, well, they just might be busy." excuse. That's bullshit. Sorry.At the same time, I am now maybe getting 1 match out of 100 right swipes every day, which has got me thinking, more and more, am I really THAT bad? Am I ugly? Has my ego been so big my entire life that I never realized that I am not really THAT good? It's incredibly depressing to the point I don't even want to do anything some days.Am I really THAT unattractive?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.