/u/conustextile on Do I need to come out?

Contrary to all the other comments so far, I really do feel the need to come out and be honest about who I am in the world. And I completely respect peoples' choices if they want to keep their sexuality to themselves or see it as a private thing, but... I find that 'keeping it to myself' tends to mean I start to slip into feeling kind of ashamed and embarrassed by it like it really is something to hide, when no, it's a totally normal variation of sexuality. I also find it means I can just be straightforward and honest in situations where it comes up, e.g.:

A: "Have you seen Venom?"
B: "Yeah, it was on TV the other day."
A: "Oh my god! Tom Hardy's so hot in it, right??"
B: "Haha, well actually, I'm asexual, so not really my sort of thing."

Or, of course, conversations about dating, including interrogation from pushy relatives etc.

I personally could never feel truly free and happy in the closet. I understand everybody's situation is different, but for me, it's unthinkable to live my life any other way.





May 31, 2020 at 11:17PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.