How to stop overthinking everything (21M)

Hello reddit. Im a 21 year old guy who's first relationship was about 3 years ago and was Very quick and Very toxic (She'd talk about how im perfect one minute to sending self harm pics the next, BPD and Schizophrenia are a fun combo) and ever since then ive had pretty bad Confidence/ Self esteem issues. Jump to now and ive been talking with this girl i met on Tinder for about a week but sometimes she takes a few hours to respond (She responds well, not one word answers and we've had a few really nice conversations, although its a lot of talking about our pets), which makes me start digging a mental ditch about how i must've screwed up. how do I tell my brain to shut the hell up and not think like this? I like talking to her, shes super nice and very cute but my brain keeps telling me "You're Ugly, You're Disgusting, I'm Gonna Kill You, Give Me $200"

This is my first attempt at talking to someone since my first relationship.

Sorry if this is very rambly, i just sort of needed to get this off my chest and see if anyone could help me out.

Edit: Forgot to mention shes 20, and we moved to snapchat after a few messages on tinder, idk if thats relevant.



Submitted May 24, 2020 at 12:01AM

Hello reddit. Im a 21 year old guy who's first relationship was about 3 years ago and was Very quick and Very toxic (She'd talk about how im perfect one minute to sending self harm pics the next, BPD and Schizophrenia are a fun combo) and ever since then ive had pretty bad Confidence/ Self esteem issues. Jump to now and ive been talking with this girl i met on Tinder for about a week but sometimes she takes a few hours to respond (She responds well, not one word answers and we've had a few really nice conversations, although its a lot of talking about our pets), which makes me start digging a mental ditch about how i must've screwed up. how do I tell my brain to shut the hell up and not think like this? I like talking to her, shes super nice and very cute but my brain keeps telling me "You're Ugly, You're Disgusting, I'm Gonna Kill You, Give Me $200"This is my first attempt at talking to someone since my first relationship.Sorry if this is very rambly, i just sort of needed to get this off my chest and see if anyone could help me out.Edit: Forgot to mention shes 20, and we moved to snapchat after a few messages on tinder, idk if thats relevant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.