Dating and hooking up as someone who doesn't drink much. How does that work?

Getting (m36) out of 10 year relationship and planning to get into the dating game once things settle down.

Have always had a good time meeting / dating women, confident there. However that was in my early 20s where alcohol was often involved especially at the beginning to loosen things up.

Have a question for you 30ish folks on the dating seen who are not big drinkers or party/bar people. I am fine with that occasionally but not my main scene.

What has your experience been on first or 2nd dates where you don't drink?

Is it hard to 'cut loose'?

Is the other person generally OK if you don't drink or do they get caught up on it?

Is it hard / awkward to hookup early on straight sober?

Basically have you had trouble meeting, hooking up with or serious dating people as someone who isn't in to drinking / partying?

What works here?

Appreciate hearing your experiences!



Submitted April 14, 2020 at 12:09AM

Getting (m36) out of 10 year relationship and planning to get into the dating game once things settle down.Have always had a good time meeting / dating women, confident there. However that was in my early 20s where alcohol was often involved especially at the beginning to loosen things up.Have a question for you 30ish folks on the dating seen who are not big drinkers or party/bar people. I am fine with that occasionally but not my main scene.What has your experience been on first or 2nd dates where you don't drink?Is it hard to 'cut loose'?Is the other person generally OK if you don't drink or do they get caught up on it?Is it hard / awkward to hookup early on straight sober?Basically have you had trouble meeting, hooking up with or serious dating people as someone who isn't in to drinking / partying?What works here?Appreciate hearing your experiences!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.