/u/anonymousposter357 on Does your sex drive change when you are half asleep?

I have sometimes experienced an association between sleepiness and random erections (it's probably the same biological process as what causes morning wood).

But is there more to it than that in this case? Physical arousal/sex drive is one thing, but if you suddenly become interested in actually having sex with people, that's another thing. Increased sex drive by itself shouldn't normally make you less asexual overall. If it goes away when your inhibitions are down, then your disinterest in sex might indeed be more like an acquired hangup than your actual sexual orientation.

You might talk to a psychiatrist about this. Just make sure to find one that actually understands asexuality and can distinguish it from other issues like social anxiety; from what I've heard some of them won't even properly consider the possibility that their patient is actually ace, and will assume that the lack of interest in sex must be caused by an underlying problem that can and should be fixed.

All I know is that when I get a night boner like that, usually I just masturbate and go to sleep...





March 21, 2020 at 11:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.