Questions on aftermath of first relationship

Questions about the aftermath of first relationship

Questions about first relationships

So I know this isn’t about a current relationship, but this also isn’t advice, hence my presence. Bit of a background here, my first relationship lasted a little over a year. We were starting to make plans for the future, but we were still in high school (I [18M] had just graduated, she [16F] was going to junior year) and we had to break up because of our parents shortly after she started her junior year.

I found out shortly afterwards that she had in fact cheated on me for two months with the guy she was now dating. We broke up last September, and I found out November. I’ve had a gf since we broke up and am dating another girl now, and we’re doing really well right now, but... still have feelings for my first.

My question: The people who’s first relationship lasted a decent amount of time but ended up ending for whatever reason, how long did it take for you to get over them?

I just want to make sure that this isn’t unusual but I also want the hard truth.

tl;dr My first relationship lasted over a year and I miss her even though she cheated, anyone else?



Submitted March 25, 2020 at 11:51PM

Questions about the aftermath of first relationshipQuestions about first relationshipsSo I know this isn’t about a current relationship, but this also isn’t advice, hence my presence. Bit of a background here, my first relationship lasted a little over a year. We were starting to make plans for the future, but we were still in high school (I [18M] had just graduated, she [16F] was going to junior year) and we had to break up because of our parents shortly after she started her junior year.I found out shortly afterwards that she had in fact cheated on me for two months with the guy she was now dating. We broke up last September, and I found out November. I’ve had a gf since we broke up and am dating another girl now, and we’re doing really well right now, but... still have feelings for my first.My question: The people who’s first relationship lasted a decent amount of time but ended up ending for whatever reason, how long did it take for you to get over them?I just want to make sure that this isn’t unusual but I also want the hard truth.tl;dr My first relationship lasted over a year and I miss her even though she cheated, anyone else?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.