My gf wants me to hate her enemy. What should I do ?

Hello community,

This is about a problem I ( M:22 ) have with my gf ( F:21) regarding one of her enemies( girl ). So there is this old classmate of hers that she hates and this girl would reply to my Instagram stories sometimes and I would answer like I would do if it was anybody else who replied to my stories.

One day my gf freaked out when she found out from other people that the girl was trying to talk to me just to annoy her and she started yelling and said that it's either her or the girl and that I have to unfollow the girl on Instagram. I said that I do not have to choose and that her enemy is not necessarily my enemy too. I also said that I would be there to give her advice or listen to her about any conflict she has with that girl but I cannot just unfollow the girl or stop replying to messages because that's just not who I am I cannot do that to someone and feel comfortable about myself.

She got very angry and she wanted a break up saying that I could not choose her over some girl I barely know and that I betrayed her etc etc. What do you guys think I should do ? Do you think I had to unfollow the girl knowing that to me that is just wrong especially that the reason she wanted me to unfollow her is hatred and not jealousy ?

tl;dr : My gf wants me to hate and enemy of hers because of a conflict that I am not a part of and when I wouldn't she wants to break up with me saying that I did not pick her side.



Submitted March 26, 2020 at 11:57PM

Hello community,This is about a problem I ( M:22 ) have with my gf ( F:21) regarding one of her enemies( girl ). So there is this old classmate of hers that she hates and this girl would reply to my Instagram stories sometimes and I would answer like I would do if it was anybody else who replied to my stories.One day my gf freaked out when she found out from other people that the girl was trying to talk to me just to annoy her and she started yelling and said that it's either her or the girl and that I have to unfollow the girl on Instagram. I said that I do not have to choose and that her enemy is not necessarily my enemy too. I also said that I would be there to give her advice or listen to her about any conflict she has with that girl but I cannot just unfollow the girl or stop replying to messages because that's just not who I am I cannot do that to someone and feel comfortable about myself.She got very angry and she wanted a break up saying that I could not choose her over some girl I barely know and that I betrayed her etc etc. What do you guys think I should do ? Do you think I had to unfollow the girl knowing that to me that is just wrong especially that the reason she wanted me to unfollow her is hatred and not jealousy ?tl;dr : My gf wants me to hate and enemy of hers because of a conflict that I am not a part of and when I wouldn't she wants to break up with me saying that I did not pick her side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.