Why is he telling potential partners on the internet he wants a committed long term relationship but when presented with one he ran in the opposite direction.... but still keeps tabs on me?

Here is the situation:

Was dating a guy for about 4 months. He had me under the impression we were exclusively dating each other come to find out he was on every dating app out there. I knew he needed things to move at a slower pace but he wasn’t transparent with me about his intentions and ultimately things blew up. I have given him chance after chance to be honest and just say he doesn’t want a relationship with me. He has not. He still to this day will keep tabs on me. He always comes back.

Months have passed and he has messaged mutual girlfriends I know on hinge each time declaring he wants nothing more than a long term relationship. However when he was presented with one he neither respected it or could be honest to say it was just me.

Why do people feel the need to string people along. Especially for MONTHS?

Or

Why can’t people be transparent and say I’m not ready, I still want to play in the dating pool?

I know what I need to do but I still can’t wrap my head around some of it and really just need support. I know I am better than this.

I have moved on and am actively dating but it kind of infuriates me he will pop up in a moments notice?

If you had this situation happen to you, how did you find the strength to make it end?



Submitted December 04, 2019 at 12:19AM

Here is the situation:Was dating a guy for about 4 months. He had me under the impression we were exclusively dating each other come to find out he was on every dating app out there. I knew he needed things to move at a slower pace but he wasn’t transparent with me about his intentions and ultimately things blew up. I have given him chance after chance to be honest and just say he doesn’t want a relationship with me. He has not. He still to this day will keep tabs on me. He always comes back.Months have passed and he has messaged mutual girlfriends I know on hinge each time declaring he wants nothing more than a long term relationship. However when he was presented with one he neither respected it or could be honest to say it was just me.Why do people feel the need to string people along. Especially for MONTHS?OrWhy can’t people be transparent and say I’m not ready, I still want to play in the dating pool?I know what I need to do but I still can’t wrap my head around some of it and really just need support. I know I am better than this.I have moved on and am actively dating but it kind of infuriates me he will pop up in a moments notice?If you had this situation happen to you, how did you find the strength to make it end?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.