/u/jackiesnaps on Ace and Religion?

I grew up in the evangelical Christian purity culture. I thought I just rocked at purity, and all my friends who couldn’t keep their vows or always struggled with so called sinful sexual thoughts were just not as filled with Jesus as I was. Fast forward through lots of religious and sexual abuse and trauma, and I consider myself an Ace now. And an atheist.

I don’t know if being so awesome at purity while I was growing up was a sign of me being Ace. I certainly never struggled with sexual thoughts or desires. However, I spent my teenage years pouring over every purity book I could get my hands on. I was just so great at staying pure for Jesus. Lol.

I’m an atheist now, deconstructing my faith, but I really believe this is who I am. However, I may never know... what if I hadn’t actively worked to suppress everything from the time i was 12? Who knows.





December 04, 2019 at 12:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.