/u/unfoldedpaperclip on How to people react when you say to them that you're asexual?

I'm kinda catholic (in most loose sense) and I used to have a more conservative catholic friend. I thought our friendship was strong enough that if I told her about being ace she'd accept me. I was hoping our friendship and the time she'd spent with me would be enough to prove that I'm a worthwhile human and that making my identity known to her would not change anything.

I told her I was ace and explained to her how I felt and my place on the spectrum. I had to deflect the usual "sounds fake" bullshit. I still can't figure out how I ended up comforting her. She made me feel like I had personally attacked her by telling her this. Kinda crazy





November 19, 2019 at 12:09AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.