Should I change my beliefs for someone I love?

I have been dating a girl for almost a year now, and I believe we’ve been as close to a perfect couple as we can get (at least for now).

I’m 20 and she’s 23, it may not seem like that big of a difference but it kinda does make a lot some times. Especially when she talks about past relationships. I can’t stand when she talks about her past lovers so I asked her to stop, and she did. But now the things she said are stuck in my head, and it has been for months.

I’m completely in love with her and so is she, but I simply can’t stand that she’s had many one night stands. I don’t condemn people who do this, actually i find it awesome girls that have the courage to overcome the social stigma around it.

I just didn’t want to have a girlfriend that does this kind of stuff, the same way I never did, she’s the first girl that I ever been intimate with. I used to think that I was being insecure or just an asshole for me to dare talk about it. I think differently now, this really bother me as I don’t think she’s wrong but at the same time I can’t stand the way this affects me and our relationship.

I would sincerely like your help on the matter ,since I have completely no idea on what to do.



Submitted November 18, 2019 at 11:57PM

I have been dating a girl for almost a year now, and I believe we’ve been as close to a perfect couple as we can get (at least for now).I’m 20 and she’s 23, it may not seem like that big of a difference but it kinda does make a lot some times. Especially when she talks about past relationships. I can’t stand when she talks about her past lovers so I asked her to stop, and she did. But now the things she said are stuck in my head, and it has been for months.I’m completely in love with her and so is she, but I simply can’t stand that she’s had many one night stands. I don’t condemn people who do this, actually i find it awesome girls that have the courage to overcome the social stigma around it.I just didn’t want to have a girlfriend that does this kind of stuff, the same way I never did, she’s the first girl that I ever been intimate with. I used to think that I was being insecure or just an asshole for me to dare talk about it. I think differently now, this really bother me as I don’t think she’s wrong but at the same time I can’t stand the way this affects me and our relationship.I would sincerely like your help on the matter ,since I have completely no idea on what to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.