The Golden Rule

Hey Everyone! I hope the weeks been going well for everyone - we're almost to the weekend!

I wanted to post tonight about the golden rule - treat everyone the way you want to be treated. This is generally where I operate from: everyone deserves kindness, understanding, and support.

Ive been in a few relationships over the last two years where I was treated a little "less than well," but kept falling back on this rule to demonstrate to my partner how I expected to be treated. Looking back I should have been a little more assertive when speaking up and verbalizing how I felt, but actions speak equally as loud.

Anyway - I seriously feel like this whole "golden" rule kind of fell by the wayside in the dating world anymore. Does anyone else feel like that or am I just accidentallly dating folks who are putzes?

Oh! And to clarify, I do not expect to be treated like royalty in a relationship. But I dont expect to be talked down to, made the butt of jokes, and invalidated constantly. Stuff like that seems anti-golden rule!



Submitted November 15, 2019 at 12:14AM

Hey Everyone! I hope the weeks been going well for everyone - we're almost to the weekend!I wanted to post tonight about the golden rule - treat everyone the way you want to be treated. This is generally where I operate from: everyone deserves kindness, understanding, and support.Ive been in a few relationships over the last two years where I was treated a little "less than well," but kept falling back on this rule to demonstrate to my partner how I expected to be treated. Looking back I should have been a little more assertive when speaking up and verbalizing how I felt, but actions speak equally as loud.Anyway - I seriously feel like this whole "golden" rule kind of fell by the wayside in the dating world anymore. Does anyone else feel like that or am I just accidentallly dating folks who are putzes?Oh! And to clarify, I do not expect to be treated like royalty in a relationship. But I dont expect to be talked down to, made the butt of jokes, and invalidated constantly. Stuff like that seems anti-golden rule!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.