I’m being set up and it feels terribly convenient. Still need some suggestions though.

I’m writing this while my mac n’ cheese w/ sliced hotdogs is cooking.

M(32).

I’ve been selling some furniture online.

On Thursday, I sold a nice pair of chairs to a middle-aged woman. She came by my house to pick them up. Very nice, but she seemed a bit odd and I didn’t know why.

I showed her the chairs and she did a quick inspection. We talked during this entire exchange.

Toward the end we casually discussed a few life things. It had grown a bit more odd, not in a bad way, just unusual. It felt like she was reading me or studying me.

But she paid for the chairs, we smiled and shook hands, and then she was on her way.

...

Not more than a half hour later, I received a message from her thanking me and asking me if, as long as I’m not seeing anyone, I’d be open to a blind date.

Pleasant surprise. I definitely wasn’t expecting that. I thought maybe SHE was interested in me or maybe she was about to sell me Amway or something.

But I asked some basic questions and got some honest answers. Not long into the conversation she sent me a photo unsolicited ... and this girl is GORGEOUS.

I don’t know WHY IN THE WORLD this girl would need any help finding a boyfriend ... or maybe a wealthy celebrity husband. But I was really surprised. That and I realized that since I saw her it was no longer a blind date, but I wasn’t about to complain.

So I continued with a bit more questioning and it turns out that this girl is like a daughter to this woman, the girl is very creative and has a hard time finding guys in my city she connects with. I asked her how often she tries to set this girl up on a date and the woman said never.

Yeah, it’s possible she was fibbing, but if she’s telling the truth then that’s a very big compliment. She said that up until Thursday she hasn’t met anyone in this area who she thinks would fit well with this girl.

https://giphy.com/gifs/tom-cruise-top-gun-WDtCGLCXBAgow

...

Alright, so not-so-humblebrag aside, I’m in a bit of a situation.

The woman said that if this girl knew she was doing this the girl would die, so she invited me to come and have drinks with her crew. This girl will be there. (Yes, the girl is real.)

I’m an adult male, I’ve gone on dates before, and I’m not a train wreck, but I’ve never been in this situation before.

I have a few concerns and I was hoping for some suggestions.

  • How do I behave in a way that won’t get me stranded on the outskirts of the conversation or talking to the uncle (no offense to uncles) when she doesn’t know she’s why I’m there?

  • How do I handle this hangout when I don’t hardly even know the woman who set this up?

  • How can I best use this evening to learn and grow in the dating arena even if I learn that I’m not interested in this girl?

I’m not completely naive and I know I can handle myself, but there’s plenty I don’t know and I’m hoping to fill in the gaps of my education.

Any suggestion could help. Thanks very much.



Submitted November 16, 2019 at 11:42PM

I’m writing this while my mac n’ cheese w/ sliced hotdogs is cooking.M(32).I’ve been selling some furniture online.On Thursday, I sold a nice pair of chairs to a middle-aged woman. She came by my house to pick them up. Very nice, but she seemed a bit odd and I didn’t know why.I showed her the chairs and she did a quick inspection. We talked during this entire exchange.Toward the end we casually discussed a few life things. It had grown a bit more odd, not in a bad way, just unusual. It felt like she was reading me or studying me.But she paid for the chairs, we smiled and shook hands, and then she was on her way....Not more than a half hour later, I received a message from her thanking me and asking me if, as long as I’m not seeing anyone, I’d be open to a blind date.Pleasant surprise. I definitely wasn’t expecting that. I thought maybe SHE was interested in me or maybe she was about to sell me Amway or something.But I asked some basic questions and got some honest answers. Not long into the conversation she sent me a photo unsolicited ... and this girl is GORGEOUS.I don’t know WHY IN THE WORLD this girl would need any help finding a boyfriend ... or maybe a wealthy celebrity husband. But I was really surprised. That and I realized that since I saw her it was no longer a blind date, but I wasn’t about to complain.So I continued with a bit more questioning and it turns out that this girl is like a daughter to this woman, the girl is very creative and has a hard time finding guys in my city she connects with. I asked her how often she tries to set this girl up on a date and the woman said never.Yeah, it’s possible she was fibbing, but if she’s telling the truth then that’s a very big compliment. She said that up until Thursday she hasn’t met anyone in this area who she thinks would fit well with this girl.https://ift.tt/2rRmrPE, so not-so-humblebrag aside, I’m in a bit of a situation.The woman said that if this girl knew she was doing this the girl would die, so she invited me to come and have drinks with her crew. This girl will be there. (Yes, the girl is real.)I’m an adult male, I’ve gone on dates before, and I’m not a train wreck, but I’ve never been in this situation before.I have a few concerns and I was hoping for some suggestions.How do I behave in a way that won’t get me stranded on the outskirts of the conversation or talking to the uncle (no offense to uncles) when she doesn’t know she’s why I’m there?How do I handle this hangout when I don’t hardly even know the woman who set this up?How can I best use this evening to learn and grow in the dating arena even if I learn that I’m not interested in this girl?I’m not completely naive and I know I can handle myself, but there’s plenty I don’t know and I’m hoping to fill in the gaps of my education.Any suggestion could help. Thanks very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.