how's this looking so far?

I'm a kiddo (15f) and completely adore a guy in the same grade. We don't have any classes together this year but did last year, and are very different people in terms of skills, but have overlapping interests and are dating I think(?)

He refers to me as "his girl" and has a pet name for me, we talk a lot through text mainly, say good morning and good night, but he seems to avoid labeling it as dating (if that's the case I can respect it, he has a not very good past experience)

we hang out most mornings mon wed fri, cause we both have spares first period, where we just kinda snuggle and talk. it's been 4 weeks I think, and he's come over twice, both being very date-like even though we didn't call them dates.

the main problems come in with age I believe, because we're both immature being kids, and both have some mental issues. I'm a lot more open than he is, but obviously not gonna push him to talk about stuff he doesn't want to. he's not the best with words so I can get insecure pretty easily about how interested he is when we text, even though I'm learning he just has no clue what to say to people unless it's in person. today also marks the second sort of "bad mood" he's been in.

basically he gets his own head about things and last time it ended in a really strange way. he said things like "if I'm this happy I'll ignore the shit I need to sort out with myself," which again is something I can respect even though it's a bit hard to accept, then we split but he said we could act the exact same way, and after a few days it not only returned to normal but now we're a lot closer than before.

for that reason I'm scared of it happening again, because it hurts even if it eventually goes away, and acting chill is really difficult. another part of it is it's the same context as last time, we hang out and both really enjoy it and the day after he's just not havin it.

he's most likely coming over this Sunday, the whole thing's pretty much planned already so I'm really hoping he doesn't decide to not.

sorry for the long post, but some observations on the relationship overall / advice on what I should say when he feels like this, or how much space to give would very much be appreciated.



Submitted November 01, 2019 at 12:04AM

I'm a kiddo (15f) and completely adore a guy in the same grade. We don't have any classes together this year but did last year, and are very different people in terms of skills, but have overlapping interests and are dating I think(?)He refers to me as "his girl" and has a pet name for me, we talk a lot through text mainly, say good morning and good night, but he seems to avoid labeling it as dating (if that's the case I can respect it, he has a not very good past experience)we hang out most mornings mon wed fri, cause we both have spares first period, where we just kinda snuggle and talk. it's been 4 weeks I think, and he's come over twice, both being very date-like even though we didn't call them dates.the main problems come in with age I believe, because we're both immature being kids, and both have some mental issues. I'm a lot more open than he is, but obviously not gonna push him to talk about stuff he doesn't want to. he's not the best with words so I can get insecure pretty easily about how interested he is when we text, even though I'm learning he just has no clue what to say to people unless it's in person. today also marks the second sort of "bad mood" he's been in.basically he gets his own head about things and last time it ended in a really strange way. he said things like "if I'm this happy I'll ignore the shit I need to sort out with myself," which again is something I can respect even though it's a bit hard to accept, then we split but he said we could act the exact same way, and after a few days it not only returned to normal but now we're a lot closer than before.for that reason I'm scared of it happening again, because it hurts even if it eventually goes away, and acting chill is really difficult. another part of it is it's the same context as last time, we hang out and both really enjoy it and the day after he's just not havin it.he's most likely coming over this Sunday, the whole thing's pretty much planned already so I'm really hoping he doesn't decide to not.sorry for the long post, but some observations on the relationship overall / advice on what I should say when he feels like this, or how much space to give would very much be appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.