Age gaps.

EDIT: I’m not romantically involved with him, I’m only interested. He hasn’t indicated any interest in me, I was just wondering if you think we’d have a chance

I’m 16 and female and interested in a male who is 25. We have an age gap of 9 years, which is massive at this age but I feel like in a few years that won’t matter. My parents have the same age gap as him and I.

The issue is that he basically sees me as a kid (rightly so, it’s not right for him to see me romantically at this age) but because we’ve been friends for a while I worry that he’ll never view me the way I want him to.

Specifically because I always get guidance from him and he never asks me for guidance. It means there’s an imbalance in our relationship, and we’ll never be on the same level. I’ve been weak in front of him, he’s never been weak in front of me.

Of course, this might be something that changes with time and me growing up but I guess we’ll see?

Do you think I have even the slightest chance of being with him?



Submitted October 31, 2019 at 11:41PM

EDIT: I’m not romantically involved with him, I’m only interested. He hasn’t indicated any interest in me, I was just wondering if you think we’d have a chanceI’m 16 and female and interested in a male who is 25. We have an age gap of 9 years, which is massive at this age but I feel like in a few years that won’t matter. My parents have the same age gap as him and I.The issue is that he basically sees me as a kid (rightly so, it’s not right for him to see me romantically at this age) but because we’ve been friends for a while I worry that he’ll never view me the way I want him to.Specifically because I always get guidance from him and he never asks me for guidance. It means there’s an imbalance in our relationship, and we’ll never be on the same level. I’ve been weak in front of him, he’s never been weak in front of me.Of course, this might be something that changes with time and me growing up but I guess we’ll see?Do you think I have even the slightest chance of being with him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.