How to deal with relationship anxiety at the start of first relationship?

I’m a senior in high school and recently started dating my dream girl about 2 weeks ago. I thought I would be happier than ever and at some points I am but for some reason I go through intense waves of insecurity and anxiety when I’m not with her.

I’ll have three day periods where I can’t focus on anything because I’m so anxious thinking about how I can present myself better to my gf, but then i’ll have similarly long periods where I am having the best time of my life with her. I’ve told her about this anxiety problem I’ve been having and explain it as “i just want to make everything perfect” and she always replies with “it doesn’t have to be”.

Can someone please explain what’s happening to me and how to avoid it. Thanks <3



Submitted October 09, 2019 at 11:41PM

I’m a senior in high school and recently started dating my dream girl about 2 weeks ago. I thought I would be happier than ever and at some points I am but for some reason I go through intense waves of insecurity and anxiety when I’m not with her.I’ll have three day periods where I can’t focus on anything because I’m so anxious thinking about how I can present myself better to my gf, but then i’ll have similarly long periods where I am having the best time of my life with her. I’ve told her about this anxiety problem I’ve been having and explain it as “i just want to make everything perfect” and she always replies with “it doesn’t have to be”.Can someone please explain what’s happening to me and how to avoid it. Thanks <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.