A man I'll never know

I've read everything about you, all your flaws, all your quirks

i'd love to tossle your dark hair, run my fingers across your barrel chest

kiss you, be who she was, the woman you should've had

but we've been separated by time and fate, but reunited by dreams

they say i'm an old soul, but I never knew it would get this bad

when i stay up longing for you, writing whatever comes to my head

just for you, with your distinctive smirk and thick eyebrows

i've never felt this way before of course,

before i move onto a new man i'll never know

and you'll be that old photograph, the man people love to hate, adore, inbetween

or have simply forgotten you from the pages of history

but to me you'll always be mine, a semblance of adolescence

no matter how much time passes, your sweet boyish face

will always be my coming of age

I love you



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 12:15AM

I've read everything about you, all your flaws, all your quirksi'd love to tossle your dark hair, run my fingers across your barrel chestkiss you, be who she was, the woman you should've hadbut we've been separated by time and fate, but reunited by dreamsthey say i'm an old soul, but I never knew it would get this badwhen i stay up longing for you, writing whatever comes to my headjust for you, with your distinctive smirk and thick eyebrowsi've never felt this way before of course,before i move onto a new man i'll never knowand you'll be that old photograph, the man people love to hate, adore, inbetweenor have simply forgotten you from the pages of historybut to me you'll always be mine, a semblance of adolescenceno matter how much time passes, your sweet boyish facewill always be my coming of age​I love you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.