Looking to ask coworker out for a drink/lunch before I leave for another job

*I haven't written anything like this for a long time so excuse the poor storytelling/ formatting\*

I (18m) am about to change jobs and whilst on probation will be working early morning shifts at the same place as to keep my foot in the door. This girl I currently work with (18f) works in a different department with my friend that I know from outside of work and I wanted to at the least ask her out for a drink or coffee- just a way to meet outside of work and have a chance for a full conversation as we really end up having passing chats or catch each other at the tail end of our breaks. As we're the same age, we've been able to have some small talk about school and what we're doing after such as uni and careers. A lot of what I hear about her is word of mouth from my friend who gets to talk to her more and seems closer to because they work in the same department. But outside of that, I feel that we get along surprisingly well, its just that there isn't enough time in our shift to talk.

To put my concerns into perspective, I haven't had anything romantic in just over two years now and only and last girlfriend that wasn't a result of e-dating was over five years ago now. That on top of my lack of genuine social skills/ cues, fear of rejection and bad history with attempts at IRL relationships makes me very hesitant to even do something as small as putting myself out like this. I only realised today that I only really have until tomorrow while I'm still on the day shift and in part time work to ask her out before I go full time as well as early hours so I'm kind of panicking because for me she ticks the right boxes for me and while there isn't anything that directly implies she's interested, I don't want to miss this chance but don't really know what to say or even if I'll get a chance tomorrow.

TL;DR- I want to ask this girl out to at least get to know her and only really have until tomorrow but fear of rejection makes me hesitant and I don't even know what to say.



Submitted August 25, 2019 at 12:01AM

*I haven't written anything like this for a long time so excuse the poor storytelling/ formatting\*​I (18m) am about to change jobs and whilst on probation will be working early morning shifts at the same place as to keep my foot in the door. This girl I currently work with (18f) works in a different department with my friend that I know from outside of work and I wanted to at the least ask her out for a drink or coffee- just a way to meet outside of work and have a chance for a full conversation as we really end up having passing chats or catch each other at the tail end of our breaks. As we're the same age, we've been able to have some small talk about school and what we're doing after such as uni and careers. A lot of what I hear about her is word of mouth from my friend who gets to talk to her more and seems closer to because they work in the same department. But outside of that, I feel that we get along surprisingly well, its just that there isn't enough time in our shift to talk.To put my concerns into perspective, I haven't had anything romantic in just over two years now and only and last girlfriend that wasn't a result of e-dating was over five years ago now. That on top of my lack of genuine social skills/ cues, fear of rejection and bad history with attempts at IRL relationships makes me very hesitant to even do something as small as putting myself out like this. I only realised today that I only really have until tomorrow while I'm still on the day shift and in part time work to ask her out before I go full time as well as early hours so I'm kind of panicking because for me she ticks the right boxes for me and while there isn't anything that directly implies she's interested, I don't want to miss this chance but don't really know what to say or even if I'll get a chance tomorrow.TL;DR- I want to ask this girl out to at least get to know her and only really have until tomorrow but fear of rejection makes me hesitant and I don't even know what to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.