I (M24) want to take things further with a college friend (F22) but have some things stopping me...

Hey guys,

So I've been going to college with this girl for about 6 months now and I've started have feelings for her. I'm not sure she feels the same way, but it's something that I really feel the need to get off my chest. There are a few things stopping me from doing so, and I was seeking some advice:

  1. I don't want it to be too awkward. We have several more years of uni together and we share a group of friends, so if it all goes wrong I don't want to feel isolated from them or make her feel awkward.
  2. I'm worried that telling her will make her think that everything I've done for her was just because I like her, rather than just me being genuine. I don't want her to think I'm fake.
  3. I'm currently really overweight but in the process of losing weight. I feel like she'll say no because of this, so I'm not sure if I should bring up my feelings for her now or wait until I feel more confident with my weight and ask her then, but then I risk waiting too long and her either only seeing me as a friend or her finding someone else.
  4. I don't even know the best way to approach it. Do I just bring it up casually when we are alone, and just say straight out that I like her? or try hinting at it through actions and indirectly?

TL;DR: I like a girl at college and want to approach her about it but I'm not sure how to and whether or not I should wait until I've lost weight.

Thanks!



Submitted August 24, 2019 at 11:36PM

Hey guys,So I've been going to college with this girl for about 6 months now and I've started have feelings for her. I'm not sure she feels the same way, but it's something that I really feel the need to get off my chest. There are a few things stopping me from doing so, and I was seeking some advice:I don't want it to be too awkward. We have several more years of uni together and we share a group of friends, so if it all goes wrong I don't want to feel isolated from them or make her feel awkward.I'm worried that telling her will make her think that everything I've done for her was just because I like her, rather than just me being genuine. I don't want her to think I'm fake.I'm currently really overweight but in the process of losing weight. I feel like she'll say no because of this, so I'm not sure if I should bring up my feelings for her now or wait until I feel more confident with my weight and ask her then, but then I risk waiting too long and her either only seeing me as a friend or her finding someone else.I don't even know the best way to approach it. Do I just bring it up casually when we are alone, and just say straight out that I like her? or try hinting at it through actions and indirectly?TL;DR: I like a girl at college and want to approach her about it but I'm not sure how to and whether or not I should wait until I've lost weight.Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.