He (M24) has his ex saved in his phone as 'Baby'

Ok, so... I'm (F20) not sure whether I'm being paranoid and should trust this guy, or I'm an oblivious idiot.

We've been seeing each other for a few weeks now, and we've both recently come out of relationships. He's mentioned to me about how he's still friends with his ex and talks to her. This initially didn't ring any alarm bells, I'm a pretty laid back girl, he's known her a long time so I didn't really mind. I knew he messaged her quite a lot, but...

Then the other morning when he was in the bathroom, his phone rang twice from 'Emma "Baby" Woods ❤️❤️', his ex. Baby. With two heart emojis.

That's when the alarm bells were ringing. I do want to trust this guy, he seems genuine and invested in me. He's introduced me to his family, mumbled 'I love you' a couple times during sex (which I think is far too soon, but), constantly offers to go out of his way to do things for me. He just seems like an all-round decent guy.

The ex sounds like a bad person too, she has cheated on him before.

When he's talked about her to me it's been from a very negative standpoint, which confuses me because then why is she saved as 'Baby' on his phone and still regularly talks to her?

I'm going insane! I really like this guy but this is all so dodgy! What do you guys think?



Submitted August 27, 2019 at 11:40PM

Ok, so... I'm (F20) not sure whether I'm being paranoid and should trust this guy, or I'm an oblivious idiot.We've been seeing each other for a few weeks now, and we've both recently come out of relationships. He's mentioned to me about how he's still friends with his ex and talks to her. This initially didn't ring any alarm bells, I'm a pretty laid back girl, he's known her a long time so I didn't really mind. I knew he messaged her quite a lot, but...Then the other morning when he was in the bathroom, his phone rang twice from 'Emma "Baby" Woods ❤️❤️', his ex. Baby. With two heart emojis.That's when the alarm bells were ringing. I do want to trust this guy, he seems genuine and invested in me. He's introduced me to his family, mumbled 'I love you' a couple times during sex (which I think is far too soon, but), constantly offers to go out of his way to do things for me. He just seems like an all-round decent guy.The ex sounds like a bad person too, she has cheated on him before.When he's talked about her to me it's been from a very negative standpoint, which confuses me because then why is she saved as 'Baby' on his phone and still regularly talks to her?I'm going insane! I really like this guy but this is all so dodgy! What do you guys think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.