/u/shponglespore on No wonder so few cis men identify as asexual. I'm a trans guy and ever since I raised my testosterone level, it is extremely annoying to constantly be turned on. If you didn't know that libido =/ asexuality it would be very hard to tell.

Cis guy here. From my perspective, it's not surprising at all that the pressure to have sex is hitting you really hard. Having been male-identified my whole life, I have a lot of experience learning to deflect the bullshit and not let it affect me, but even so, I spent many, many years feeling bad about myself because of my lack of sexual "achievement", and I still get twinges of it sometimes. I don't want to presume, so feel free to tell me if I'm out of line, but I suspect being trans puts additional pressure on you to prove to yourself and others that you're a "real" man, and if so, that's yet another disadvantage you're having to deal with. The good news is it's something you can learn to overcome, so try to be patient with yourself, because as you say, male socialization really is a hell of a drug, and building up immunity to it is a major undertaking.





July 23, 2019 at 12:17AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.