/u/robinlovesrain on Should I assure my teen daughter her asexuality dosen't mean she will always be alone?

Well in any case, it's really great that she has a parent who is so understanding! I think that will go a long way towards her feeling comfortable with her own identity.

I realized I was ace when I was a teenager as well, but it took me a long time to accept myself because nobody around me had any idea what I was talking about. Just the fact that "asexual" is becoming a part of society's vocabulary is amazing.

You might also want to introduce her to media with asexual characters - representation can go a long way towards feeling normal. The show Bojack Horseman has an asexual character, and there's a show called Sirens with an ace character (it's a comedy about EMTs). In the new Archie comics universe, Jughead is out as asexual (not in the show Riverdale, though, annoyingly). Here's a list of books with asexual characters and a list with aromantic characters.

And please feel free to message me if you ever have any questions or anything! I've got firsthand experience with being an ace teenager, and I'm always happy to help.





July 22, 2019 at 11:56PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.